Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What is the similarity between girls and stoves?

I'm working on a foreclosure that I purchased a few months ago to renovate. I decided to replace and update the entire electrical system. At that time I was out of town so I decided to hire an electrician to do the work.

When I came back, he did a satisfactory job... his job did not meet my high standard of work but it passed inspection so I cant really complain. After I was done putting down tiles, et cetera in the kitchen, I went out and got a nice looking used stove for cheap. I was proud of myself for shagging a good deal after some heavy negotiation. Alas, when I carried the heavy sob in the house and tried to plug it in.

Here's what I was faced with.
Apparently the nice stove I bought did not have a grounding prong so I had to go to Home Depot and get a replacement that set me back by 25 bucks. If I had paid attention in the used appliance store, I could have made them replace it since the new building codes changed after the stove was built.

What's the similarity between girls and stoves? they seem not to find me compatible; guess I have to continue looking for a lady that fits my unique receptacle. Now that sounds dirty...

That's just a normal day for me, mister carpenter with $25 bucks less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?